- 14-Feb-2013 to 15-Mar-2013 (PST)
- Prince Rupert, BC, CAN
Nira Resource Management Inc., on behalf of its clients, is seeking Ironworkers
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Read blueprints and specifications to lay out work
• Unload and position steel units so each piece can be hoisted as needed
• Erect and install scaffolding, hoisting equipment and rigging
• Signal crane operator to position steel units according to blueprints
• Align and weld or bolt steel units in place
• Erect structural and architectural precast concrete components for buildings, bridges, towers and other structures
• Assemble and erect prefabricated metal structures
• Position and secure steel bars or metal mesh in concrete forms to reinforce concrete structures
• Install ornamental and other structural metalwork such as curtain walls, metal stairways, railings and power doors
• Examine structures and equipment for deterioration, defects or non-compliance with specifications
• Dismantle structures and equipment when required
• Completion of secondary school is usually required
• Completion of a two- to three-year apprenticeship program
Experience: 3-5 years
Languages: Speak English, Read English, Write English
Work Setting: Mines, Pulp Mills, Oil and Gas, Construction
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Security and Safety: Driving record check (abstract)
Own Tools/Equipment: Personal protective equipment and trade specific tools
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, tight deadlines, and repetitive tasks, physically demanding, and standing for extended periods
Transportation/Travel Information: Valid driver's licence
Essential Skills: Reading text, document use, numeracy, writing, oral communication, working with others, problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, job task planning and organizing, finding information, and continuous learning.
Nira Resource Management Inc. and affiliated companies are committed to the safety and well being of our employees, clients, environment and the public. Safety is an integral part of our companies' operations and is a key component of both ours and our client's success.
NiRA, on behalf of its clients are equally focused on finding experienced and qualified personnel as it is on finding those persons that are driven to succeed in their chosen career and are willing to aggressively learn and develop skills that are beneficial to the organization and the individual.
Only those candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings