- 01-Feb-2013 to 28-Feb-2013 (PST)
- Skookumchuck, BC, CAN
The NiRA Group, on behalf of its clients, is seeking Pipefitters.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints and specifications to determine layout requirements
- Cut openings for pipe in walls, floors and ceilings using hand or power tools or machines
- Select type and size of pipe required
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipe to required shape using hand and power tools
- Weld, braze, cement, solder and thread joints to join pipes and fabricate sections of piping system
- Install supports, valves, piping and control systems
- Test system for leaks using testing equipment
- Clean and maintain pipe units and fittings and flush system
- Remove and replace worn components and reactivate system
Education: Certified Interprovincial Red Seal, Journeyman Ticket, WHIMS, Fall Protection, Confined Space Entry
Experience: 3-5 years
Languages: Speak English, read English, write English
Work Setting: Pulp Mills, Mines, Oil and Gas
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Security and Safety: Driving record check (abstract)
Own Tools/Equipment: Personal protective equipment and trade specific tools
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, tight deadlines, repetitive tasks, physically demanding, standing for extended periods
Transportation/Travel Information: Valid driver's licence
Essential Skills: Reading text, document use, numeracy, writing, oral communication, working with others, problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, job task planning and organizing, finding information, and continuous learning
The NiRA Group and affiliated companies are committed to the safety and well being of our employees, clients, environment and the public. Safety is an integral part of our companies' operations and is a key component of both ours and our client's success.
NiRA, on behalf of its clients are equally focused on finding experienced and qualified personnel as it is on finding those persons that are driven to succeed in their chosen career and are willing to aggressively learn and develop skills that are beneficial to the organization and the individual.
Only those candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings