- 08-May-2013 to 30-May-2013 (PST)
- Fort St. James, BC, CAN
NiRA Resource Management Inc., on behalf of its clients, has an opportunity for a Millwright.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Install, maintain, dismantle and overhaul machinery, such as heavy mechanical equipment, conveyor systems, pulleys, mechanical clutches, gear boxes, hydraulic and pneumatic control systems in a verity of industries including: the pulp and paper, mining, and sawmill - solid wood industry and other manufacturing facilities.
• Work from plans and blueprints to complete work
• Complete installations, overhauls and repairs which require the use of hand tools and power tools,
• Use lathes, milling machines and grinders to complete customize parts or repairs.
• Complete routine tasks, such as lubrication of machinery, seal replacement, cleaning of parts during an overhaul and preventative maintenance.
• Conduct all work in accordance with our safety and quality policies and procedures
Education: Completion of college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Millwright Trade Certification, Interprovincial red seal preferred. WHIMS, Fall Protection, Confined Space Entry.
Languages: Speak English, Read English, Write English
Work Setting: Mine
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Own Tools/Equipment: Personal protective equipment and trade specific tools
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, tight deadlines, and repetitive tasks, physically demanding, and standing for extended periods
Essential Skills: Reading text, document use, numeracy, writing, oral communication, working with others, problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, job task planning and organizing, finding information, and continuous learning.
NiRA Resource Management Inc. and affiliated companies are committed to the safety and well being of our employees, clients, environment and the public. Safety is an integral part of our companies' operations and is a key component of both ours and our client's success.
NiRA, on behalf of its clients are equally focused on finding experienced and qualified personnel as it is on finding those persons that are driven to succeed in their chosen career and are willing to aggressively learn and develop skills that are beneficial to the organization and the individual.
Only those candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings