- 22-Nov-2012 to 15-Jan-2013 (PST)
- Prince George, BC, CAN
- Full Time - Temporary
The NiRA group, on behalf of its clients, has an opportunity for a Health and Safety Specialist.
The Health and Safety Specialist reports to the Business Unit Manager and is responsible for delivering classroom training on various types of safety and mobile equipment both internally and externally, maintaining/implementing the health and safety program, policies and procedures, WCB claims management, and graduated return to work program. This position recommends corrective/preventative measures to reduce risks and ensure compliance and continuous improvement for NiRA group of companies and external clients.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Practice safe working techniques and reinforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set out by the Company.
- Facilitates classroom training on various types of safety and mobile equipment both internally and externally.
- Assist business units with evaluating project health and safety risks to mitigate loss exposure
- Review accidents and incidents which occur in the area of responsibility and conduct field audits, reporting and managing the corrective actions.
- Responsible for coordinating regulatory programs including ISNET, PICS, etc) and its applications and help support the compliance process.
- Completed post-secondary education in Occupational Health and Safety and/or related years of experience overseeing Health and Safety matters in resource based industries; oil and gas, mining, solid wood, pulp and paper.
- Current professional designation or working toward CRSP, CSP, CSO or other OHS designation as required.
Experience: 5-7 years
Languages: Speak English, Read English, Write English
Work Setting: Office and heavy industrial site environment.
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Security and Safety: Driving record check (abstract)
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:This position is occasionally subject to periods of intense mental and visual concentration. This position will require work at project heavy industrial facilities with high safety demands.
Transportation/Travel Information: Valid driver's licence
Essential Skills: Reading text, document use, numeracy, writing, oral communication, working with others, problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, job task planning and organizing, finding information, and continuous learning.
The NiRA group and affiliated companies are committed to the safety and well being of our employees, clients, environment and the public. Safety is an integral part of our companies' operations and is a key component of both ours and our client's success.
NiRA, on behalf of its clients are equally focused on finding experienced and qualified personnel as it is on finding those persons that are driven to succeed in their chosen career and are willing to aggressively learn and develop skills that are beneficial to the organization and the individual.
Only those candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings