- 28-May-2013 to 15-Jun-2013 (PST)
- Chetwynd, BC, CAN
- Full Time - Temporary
NIRA Resource Management Inc., on behalf of its clients, has a journeyperson opportunity for a Welder on a 3 week on, 1 week off rotation.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
• Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), plasma arc welding (PAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW).
• Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
• Operate brazing and soldering equipment
• Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines
• Repair worn parts of metal products by welding on extra layers.
• Welders may specialize in certain types of welding such as custom fabrication, pipeline construction welding, structural construction welding, or machinery and equipment repair welding.
Education: Welding Levels C, B, or A, CWB, WHIMS, Fall protection, Confined Space Entry.
Experience: 3-5 years
Languages: Speak English, Read English, Write English
Work Setting: Sawmill
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Security and Safety: Driving record check (abstract)
Own Tools/Equipment: Personal protective equipment and trade specific tools
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, tight deadlines, and repetitive tasks, physically demanding, and standing for extended periods
Transportation/Travel Information: Valid driver's licence
Essential Skills: Reading text, document use, numeracy, writing, oral communication, working with others, problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, job task planning and organizing, finding information, and continuous learning
NIRA Resource Management Inc. and affiliated companies are committed to the safety and well being of our employees, clients, environment and the public. Safety is an integral part of our companies' operations and is a key component of both ours and our client's success.
NiRA, on behalf of its clients are equally focused on finding experienced and qualified personnel as it is on finding those persons that are driven to succeed in their chosen career and are willing to aggressively learn and develop skills that are beneficial to the organization and the individual.
Only those candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings